Settling Abroad Australia Visa Services
Australia is becoming a preferred destination for study. With its excellent education system and high standards of living, it attract lots of international students. Currently the nation has the third most significant amount of international students after the US and UK. Australian Education system provides real difference by its innovative and creative study methods. A considerable amount of Indian students gets attracted towards Australia. You need to consider a lot of things before choosing a place where you want to study. Here are some of the reasons we think Australia is the best place to do it.
- Australia is among those countries that have the best education system. Australian Universities are widely recognized for their excellent work in the education field. The Australian National University, The University of New South Wales, The University of Melbourne, The University of Queensland and The University of Sydney are in top 50 Universities in the world. It is an excellent destination in this English speaking world.
- In Australia, it is easy to work while studying. Here students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week while studying. It will help you to earn money while studying to improve their expenses during their stay. During breaks after the semester, you can even work full time.
- Australia is adopting new technology very fast. They are using the best technology in their classrooms and laboratories. Students who are studying there have an excellent opportunity to take advantage of that and increase their skills. With technology, there is assurance of your study all over the world. Australian Qualification Framework covers most courses an Australian Government authorized education system.
- Australia is having high standards of living. Cost of living and other expenses while studying there are relatively lower than some other countries. Student gets value for money in terms of cost of living. By working part-time you can deal with your daily needs quickly, and there is also the possibility of scholarship during the study.
Frequently Asked Questions
When most people think of Australia, they see wide open spaces of outback bush, kangaroos, koalas and clean air and water. However, Australia has so much more to offer than just that! Many international students are choosing to study in Australia because of its friendly, laid-back nature, excellent education system, and high standard of living.
Australia is currently the third most popular destination for international students in the English-speaking world, behind the United States and the UK. Many international students choose to study there because of the cultural diversity, friendly natives, and high quality of education.
Schools and employers all over the world recognize degrees from Australian schools. Graduates from Australian schools are highly sought after due to the impressive international reputation of the Australian education system. This system is carefully regulated by the Australian government in order to maintain the high standards of education associated with the country.
Australia’s standard of living is amongst the highest in the world. Living expenses and tuition costs are considerably lower in Australia than they are in the United States and United Kingdom. International students are able to work part time while they study, allowing them to offset their living costs. There is also the possibility of scholarships, which can help to lower the cost of studying in Australia for international students.
Institutions in Australia offer a wide variety of courses and degrees, so international students can easily find the school and field that are right for them. The first decision international students have to make when choosing a degree program is which type of school is most catered to their needs and interests. Students can choose between universities, vocational education, and English language training. If necessary, it is easy for students to move between one qualification levels and from one institution to another.
One of the most appealing aspect of the country for international students is the quality of scientific research. Australia is at the forefront of new technology and innovations. Students who study in Australia can take advantage the country’s impressive technology and research resources.
Students visiting the country are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week while they are studying in Australia. This is a great opportunity for students who want to earn money to help with living expenses during their stay, and for students who want to gain work experience in their field of interest while they study. When most people think of Australia, they see wide open spaces of outback bush, kangaroos, koalas and clean air and water. However, Australia has so much more to offer than just that! Many international students are choosing to study in Australia because of its friendly, laid-back nature, excellent education system, and high standard of living.
The Australian system offers the international student many options to pursue, from ESL programs to graduate degree programs. Australia also has very strong vocational and technical programs through the TAFE system. Here is a list of the most popular type of programs offered to international students in Australia:
Undergraduate/ Graduate Degrees
There are 39 registered universities in Australia offering a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs. For more, visit our dedicated University Degree program section.
VET – Vocational Education and Training
Australia’s VET system, called TAFE (Techical and Further Education) is a network of institutions that offer programs that are both practical and career-orientated. These programs enable students to begin their career path with study and work all rolled into one program. The main benefit to employers of VET graduates is that they know the individual has practical, work place experience as well as the theoretical background. Recently, there has been a dramatic increase in the number of international students using TAFE/VET programs to enter Australia and increase their chances of becoming permanent residents.
Studying Abroad can be an excellent way to learn and experience a new culture and education system, without fully enrolling for a full degree. Through special arrangements, you could spend a semester or full year at an institution in replace for time at your school in your home country.
To learn more about Study Abroad opportunities, please check with your institution you are currently attending, or visit our dedicated Study Abroad section, where you can search for Study Abroad programs in Australia.
There are many colleges in Australia that offer diplomas, or certificates in most every area of study. These private/ specialized colleges vary in price depending on the school but they all basically offer program that can range from 3 months to 3 year. Credits from these courses may be able to be transferred to universities, but this it dependent on the college and its relationship with Australian Universities.
Australia Student Visa Sub Class according to new SSVF rules
The Department of Immigration Australia has overhauled Streamlined Visa Program (SVP) by Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF). The change came into effect from 1st July, 2016 onwards.
According to new rules of SSVF, now students from any part of the world will apply for Australia student visa through single visa subclass that is Subclass 500 (Student). And, their guardian can apply through Subclass 590 to look after their under 18 child Thus, all seven previous assessment level frameworks that is Subclass 570 to Subclass 576 are now merged into two subclasses (500 and 590) only.
From now onwards, it is the education provider and country of citizenship that will be used as risk factors to determine the level of English language proficiency and financial capacity that the student needs to provide with their visa application.
Here are two types of visa that you can apply for, being a student or under 18 student’s guardian.
Australia Student Visa – Subclass 500
This visa is for students who want to study at a registered education institute in Australia. This visa allows you to:
- Study a full-time program in Australia
- Let your family member accompany you to Australia
- You and your family member are permitted for part-time work allowance
- Student can stay in Australia until the completion of course duration
What do you need for this visa?
- Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)
- Acceptable English language test score
- Documentary evidence of financial capacity
- Health insurance
- Police clearance certificate
- Appropriate welfare arrangements if you are less than 18 years of age.
Study Types under this Visa:
- English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- School – primary or secondary
- Secondary school exchange program
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses –a registered VET course or a registered course for the award of an advanced diploma
- Higher education courses –a bachelor or associate degree, a graduate certificate or graduate diploma, a masters degree by coursework or a higher education diploma or advanced diploma
- Postgraduate Research degrees –a masters degree by research or a doctoral degree
- Non-award courses – non-award foundation studies courses or components of a course that do not lead to an award
- Students sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs or Trade or the Department of Defence
- Package Course, if you want to study more than one course
Student Guardian Visa – Subclass 590
If you want to provide care to an international student who is going to study in Australia and is below 18 years of age, apply for this visa.
- Must be a parent or person who holds the custody of the student. For relatives, age criteria are 21 years or more and must be nominated in written by the parent or other custody holder.
- Cannot bring a family member of or above the age of 6 years
- Must be able to provide welfare, support and accommodation to the students.
- Must meet health and character requirements
- Have enough money to support yourself and the dependent
- Health insurance of you and dependent, if any
- Intention to stay in Australia temporarily
We provide you a few steps to undergo the procedure of getting Student Visa for Australia:
Step 1: Apply for Admission in Australian College/University
Identify your academic needs and career goals. Accordingly, start researching on web about the best colleges/universities offering the best courses of your interest. Also consider location, tuition fee and course duration while researching. Once you are finalized with education provider, apply online for admission in same. Along with application form, you will be asked to submit evidence of your academic documents and English Proficiency. Some courses will ask you to appear for interviews with college persons. Offer letter will take a few working days for processing.
Step 2: Evidence of Financial Support
One offer letter is received; you need to show your financial ability in form of evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition, travel and living costs. The Assessment Level (course subclass) of the student determines the amount of funds required, provider of funds and how long the funds must be held. If you have dependents (such as a spouse and children), you need to show evidence of being able to cover living costs for them.
Note: Sometime you need to submit evidence of financial support at the time of applying for offer letter. Requirements vary from college to college.
Step 3: Pay Tuition Fee and Get Confirmation of Enrolment
Once college approves your funds, you need to pay your 6 months tuition fees (as mentioned in your offer letter), ELICOS (if applicable) and cost of OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover). After you have accepted your Offer and paid mentioned funds, you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) by email. It confirms that an international student is eligible to enroll on a course and start with process of Australia student visa. This will outline your course start date, total course fees and total duration of course.
Step 4: Undertake Medical Examination
Afterwards, you will need to undergo a medical examination by one of the doctors approved by the Immigration Australia. A list of doctors approved by the panel can be found here: (http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/India.aspx). Select doctor according to your convenience.
Step 5: Visa Lodgment
To be granted a student visa, you must complete a visa application forms, pay the visa application charges and all required documents. The documents required are – Statement of Purpose (SOP), Copy of passport, IELTS score card, COE(s), all academic documents, work experience (If any), photographs, visa fees, Sponsors Id proofs, their occupation proofs and visa application form. All these documents must be appropriately arranged. Visa processing time will vary depending on your type of visa according to Assessment Level that you are applying for. Your student visa will last for the duration of your studies, including holiday periods.
Effective VISA Solutions In Chandigarh And Mohali
We Are Here To Make VISA Filing Simple For You!
Need to apply student or tourist VISA to USA, UK, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand or any other country? We are here to help. Just fill in the form on the left side and our VISA experts will get in touch with you soon!